Friday, June 26, 2009

A Legend...

Michael Jackson 1958-2009



I am reeling from the news!! I will never forget in my lifetime that it was my cousin Jennifer who broke the news to me on IM. The King of Pop is gone!! It is very fresh and no I don't have the answer to "WHY?" I can only discuss and mourn the contribution in which he has given me, like millions of others. Do you..."Remember the Time", or look for the "Man in the Mirror", live like a "Smooth Criminal", "Beat It" when times get rough, have your own "PYT", do things that are "Off the Wall", let me ever "Rock With You", kissed a "Billie Jean", called me "Dirty Diana", "Scream" "Leave Me Alone", hear me tell you about "The Way You Make Me Feel", been stuck "In the Closet", gave to "Heal the World", seen things in "Black or White", fell in love with that "Superfly Sister", done one too many "Bad" things, or lived by the motto "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" .....just tell em that it's "Human Nature" and live in the "Thriller" time he gave us all!!!




I don't want to turn on the news because I'm afraid I will hear the tabloid machine crank out their recap about MJ I never wanted to hear in the first place. The fame monster that has been there for years trying to tear him down. I despise what they have made of him. So I chose to always love him and his music...good, bad, or indifferent. His musical canvas was a major part of my upbringing and my life. He will be missed forever...but I know he is at peace finally. Please play his music instead of watching any twisted hype that may unfold...that is what he would have wanted. Play on MJ, Play on.....


0 comments: