Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Antics

Happy Happy, Joy Joy....

Another great start to a new year...2009 is already looking fabulous! The reduced time at work for George during the holidays has been really nice and yet I also find myself wanting to strangle him here and there, too. Kidding aside...I must say that I am going to miss the family freedom we have had while there has been no school (for me or the kids) and limited work in Army world for the past two weeks. We have been sleeping in, staying up way too late, tooling around town, and of course enjoying some yummy food (you know the holidays are all about the good food). But, as we know all good things come to an end and come Monday, it is back to business.
In spite of that reality, we thoroughly enjoyed our New Year's. On the eve, I met up with some girls and did some shopping and coffee. Later on, we did the family thing...going to dinner and then a movie followed by burning things in the backyard.





Teage fell asleep right around 11:30. Poor kid, he tried to hold on.

Saige had to babysit so it wasn't our normal eve without the both of them. We did have sparklers and crackers waiting for her when she got home.

Thursday we spent checking out a few places off base and ended up at Tobaru Koen Park. What an awesome place to take the kids. So far it is the longest roller slide we have seen here. The roller slides ROCK and with a scrap piece of cardboard...you might as well be downhill skiing. We spent the whole afternoon there and had a blast.






OK, so I thought Poquito was going to pass out....look at his ears! He is NOT happy about this.

Saige was cold so she decided to "rest".

Actually, it has been kinda chilly the past few days. I welcome it for sure. It's comforting to be able to get all bundled up rather than sweating your a$$ off on a daily basis. I hope it lasts a little while.
After our outdoor adventure, we came home to prepare for company. Some friends came over and I finally popped open my champagne bottle. Good food and good company...always works!! Of course there was some Wii laced into that visit.

Overall, excellent week!!! Now if I could only find a way to get someone to take down all the holiday decorations for us. That means it's over right?? Can't we just keep it all up til Valentine's Day???

Well, next week I start seeing someone that's gonna train me towards my workout plan. I am officially ready for some life changes....and lookout b/c I clean up real nice LOL!!! Catch you later...Love You All!!

0 comments: