Monday, June 21, 2010

Saige's Week!

My little girl is upping the ante...she's officially 15 and "permit" legal. Too bad living in Germany hinders the immediate driving capabilities. I don't think I could handle that bug in my ear these days. She is still that baby to me that used to bat her eyelashes to get attention at RJ Gators, giggle frantically when I'd snatch her paci out of her mouth or pretty much at any given time, wear a zwieback on her face like no other, call the kitchen the 'chicken', and be my all time cuddle buddy when daddy was away. She has grown up WAY too fast and each day I try desperately to grasp onto all the moments I have left with her at home. From the jump, I always knew she was the kid that would leave right away after high school. She has so many dreams and so much to offer...so full of life. I am in awe of her spirit. But until that day comes...I am holding on for dear life!

This past week was a doozy...the last day of school happened, I was away for a w'EEK for the first time attending a conference, we left for Stuttgart to watch Saige's team play for the German Little League title, add in a little Father's Day...and of course we celebrated her fabulous quinceanera!! Since I was gone, I had arranged some fun surprises for her on Monday. She received an fun balloon bouquet during exams :o) and then when she got home, her dad and brothers drove her by the marquis on base to see a flashy message that read, "HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY SAIGE ISLA...LOVE YOUR FAMILIA!" She was super excited about that. Then I drove back home to top it off with a personalized t-shirt (enter new obsession), dinner at Chili's with cake, and presents. Rhea and the kids met up with us and we had a great time. Thanks to everyone that sent her something in the mail and through email.

The best present she got was the new softball bat from her dad. They have really bonded with this softball thing (I just want to reiterate that softball is taking over my life...please pray for me). Anyway, this was no accident...he was prepping her for the tournament this weekend which would secure the Junior All Stars the privilege of representing Germany at Regionals next month. Not only did they win, but they pummeled 'em. It was good, fun, clean, softball and our girls showed class and poise and most of all...teamwork! So proud of Saige...she is the oldest on her team along with one other girl and is really the shining star of the group. She is always making people laugh, pumping the girls up, calling out plays, rooting the others on, just an overall force! (Of course she is also the loudest girl on the team...LOL) Congrats to her and her team...next up, Regionals in Cairo Montenotte, Italy from July 6-11. Another family trip ahead...sprinkled with softball (sigh) LOL!


As always...thanks for looking and wish us luck in Italy :o)





0 comments: