Saturday, February 7, 2009

February Update

Well, the Super Bowl has come and gone (great game) and we are finally into the month of February...tax season and Cupid's day!! Both of which I am like "eh" about. All is well here in the Isla casa as we continue to figure out what the heck is going to transpire with our PCS move. George is still in the hopes of getting Korea, but it is unlikely. The other option is since he will inevitably be getting deployed no matter what...he may try to ask for Kuwait since it is a predominantly safer area to get sent to (I am just guessing, from what I've heard). But, I must say that I am leaning more and more towards Germany every day that goes by. I know my family and close friends don't understand why we would want to stay overseas...well there's a few reasons. Primarily, it's the education factor. I am not too keen on getting shipped somewhere in the states where my kids have the odds of being frisked upon entering the school grounds. Also, JD's services would be in tact and would not have to be reassessed/retested if we continue with DODDs schools. The other factor is opportunity. There are not many chances to "live" in another country and I have to say that it has been one of the best experiences our family has ever had. We have seen and learned so much just from traveling via the military. When it's over, it's over. We have to take what opportunities we can before we bid farewell to this lifestyle. Lastly, the money is fabulous. We have banked living here and when it's time to finally buy our first home, we will be more than ready. The pros just outweigh the cons!! So wish us luck as the months draw closer and that we end up in the best place for our family. Either way, we will make the best of it...we always do!!

On another note, I wanted to update on JD's medicine trial. He is doing GREAT!! Yes, I said it. I spent over a week trying to find something wrong with it and for it to give me a reason to say "STOP", but it has been quite the opposite. He leaves my car every morning when I drop him off just as he does when I pick him up...happy and engaged. His appetite has remained the same, his sleep patterns are consistent, and he is doing his homework without prompting. The school has noticed the major differences though...those like completing his work in 1/4 of the time it took him prior to the meds, actively participating in social activities on his own, raising his hand to answer questions in class discussions...etc. The differences are more than they could have ever hoped for and I am blown away. So, you don't fix what isn't broken as they say. He is making great strides and George and I will continue to support and encourage that. I am so excited to watch him the next few months left in school. I know he will do wonderful things for himself.

No pics this time, but we will be going to a BBQ today with all my girlfriends and all the peers George works with so I will post about it soon. All I know is I will be having more than one glass of wine!! It has been a long week....

Love to all and as always, thanks for reading....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the meds are working with no crazy s/e! Yay! I understand why you would want to stay overseas. We love overseas as well and hope to go in a year or two for the same reasons.
XOXO