Monday, August 25, 2008

The Firsts

Saigie Baby had her first game this weekend playing for the Oki Flames. Coming from a winless season last year, the Flames have really stepped it up this year (nevermind that George is one of the coaches this year...he told me to put that LOL). They started off their season winning 15-4 and Saige got on base for every at bat and was the lead off batter. We are so proud of her and know that she has inherited her daddy's good sports skills. Look at her taking one of her many swings...


She also played 2nd base the whole game and got 2 girls out at 1st. It's funny because they all look so annoyed when playing the field. At least she was in the infield I guess...

Another first for us was the 1st day of school. WOO HOO! Saige was all so independent about it and of course didn't need any guidance by mom this morning. Dad dropped her off and said he was going to get out of the car and yell out some sweet nothings to her as she started to walk into the courtyard. I guess he changed his mind since she was almost ready to pay him off if he didn't. Good thing I did a little shopping locally, since I have still not recieved their school clothes I ordered online the first few days of August. That reminds me to boycott oldnavy.com. Anyway, she looked cutie and so did JD. Here she is posing it out...

JD was all ready to go this morning. I was wondering how he was going to react when I woke him up, but once he got up, he was all good. Getting ready to go...

Here is the back of the school which is where the student drop off is. Daddy walked him down to his line while Teage and I waited in the car. You can barely see them walking about midway down the sidewalk.
I can't believe we have a big 5th grader ready to take on his last year of elementary. I got a call from his teacher at around 2pm today saying she had to make a call to let us know that he jumped right in today ready to show those 4th graders how it's done. He is in a multiage classroom (4th and 5th) for the first time ever and I think it's going to be good for him to have some responsibility of being the oldest and setting the example. We are really excited to see his changes this year.

Next week George leaves for the TX and so we are having a BBQ to send him off. We'll catch you up again then... Love ya!!

0 comments: